Welcome to the Johnson County Historical Society's Museum Complex
main museum , co-located with the Mary Miller Smiser Heritage Library, features permanent and rotating exhibits on Johnson County history.
The 1838 Courthouse is the site of the famous 1870 Old Drum trial. The ground floor reproduces the original courtroom, while the second floor houses numerous exhibits.
Elm Schoolhouse is an early 20th Century one-room school from western Johnson County.
Culp Building holds agricultural exhibits, as well as special exhibits such as New Harmonies